I came across 12 tips to prudent healthy living in a nutrition book of mine. It sounds so pioneer right, prudent healthy diet? But anyway, the tips are great so I thought I would share with you today:
1. Balance the food you eat with physical activity to maintain or improve your weight. Consume only moderate food portions. Be physically active every day.
2. Eat a nutritionally adequate diet consisting of a wide variety of nutrient-rich foods. Let the MyPlate Food Guide guide your food choices.
3. Choose a diet moderate in total fat, but low in saturated and trans fats and cholesterol.
4. Choose a diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables, whole grain products, and legumes, which are rich in complex carbohydrates, phytochemicals, and fiber.
5. Choose beverages and foods that moderate your intake of sugars.
6. Choose and prepare foods with less salt and sodium.
7. If you drink alcoholic beverages, do so in moderation. Pregnant women should not drink any alcohol.
8. Maintain protein intake at a moderate, yet adequate level, obtaining much of your daily protein from plant sources, complemented with smaller amount of fish, skinless poultry, and lean meat.
9. Choose a diet adequate in calcium and iron. Individuals susceptible to tooth decay should obtain adequate fluoride.
10. Practice food safety, including proper food storage, preservation, and preparation.
11. Avoid excess intake of questionable food additives and dietary supplements.
12. Enjoy your food. Eat what you like, but balance it within your overall healthful diet.
I love this stuff. It’s basically what I have been trying to express in my past 25 blog posts. So much for all that, this is everything you need to know! Especially the last tip. Best advice I could ever offer. So please print this out, hang it on your fridge, and let this be your nutritional mantra til death do us part.
And here is a picture of a kitchen that I very much do like.
Cait, I seriously love this blog. Almost as much as I love you. Thanks for keeping me healthy!